Thursday, May 5, 2011

Student Art Show



It was very nice to be asked to jury the student art show that is now hanging at the Dufferin County Museum. There was some very obvious talent, and some good teaching evident. But... I wanted to see, I don't know, more originality, more variety, a message? I wonder how many of these young artists will continue in art, will they be encouraged? Will their life be enhanced because of their interest in art. It makes me wonder about our cultural future, ( maybe its Harper being elected.) how much attention will be paid to our young creatives. Will all our culture be made overseas, will our creative young people go elsewere to be fulfilled. Ahhhh, maybe I'll cheer up when I see their smiling faces on Saturday at the opening. Another great reason to go to the museum, Stitches Across Time, the show they have created, celebrates contemporary fibre artists and their inspirations from 100 years ago. well worth the trip. A huge thanks to Wayne and staff for doing such amazing programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment