Monday, September 19, 2011

Advertising

Oh advertising.....what to do- there is so much choice these days. I don't like to insult people, with obvious messages, or bother them with incessant emails. but I want to let my customers know when I get new artists in, (especially when I am so excited about them,) or when we are having an event like the demonstrations we'll have during the Headwaters Arts Festival. or when a popular artist  like Susan Pippy comes in with new ceramic fish.(yes she has!) So..the print ads, local papers, snap, In The Hills, hopefully fit some of my market, glossy magazines are cropping up all over, they promise to feature a' pick' in exchange for an ad or two. and recently I was approached by radio. hmmn certainly a different medium, a different clientele as it spans a larger area, from Oakville to Collingwood, but now new challenges what if they represent the gallery in a way that I don't like at least with print I pretty much do the ad myself. decisions decisions!, all the charities in town claim that my donations are great advertising...why do you ask am I doing this soul searching? A customer came in last week and asked how long we'd been here, she loved the shop, and had been coming into town for years to visit a close-by shop but hadn't been into ours! I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment